When pills and talk therapy aren’t enough; connecting the brain’s hot zone – and more health stories
May 1, 2023 // FOUND IN: News
Check out this week’s stories from Health Lab, Michigan Medicine’s online publication for news and stories on health, wellness and research from top-leading medical experts.
Stay informed: Want Health Lab articles sent straight to your inbox? Sign up for Health Lab’s Health & Wellness and Research & Innovation weekly newsletters today.
- A rare neuromuscular disorder diagnosis brings long awaited answers for teen
- When pills and talk therapy aren’t enough, these options may help
- Cerebral palsy patients at higher risk of receiving opioid prescriptions
- A gene involved in Down syndrome puts the brakes on neurons’ activity in mice, study shows
- Study reveals pivotal RNA modification in mouse embryos
- ‘Deprescribing’ medicines for older adults: Patient-provider dialogue needed
- Modified Minerva Orthosis proven helpful in pediatric patients following airway surgery
- Study: Treatment for opioid addiction lags despite policies designed to increase it
- Connecting the brain’s hot zone
- Guiding Zambian cardiac surgical teams through complex operations