Microlearning: Impactful Development Conversations
Tuesday, October 17, 2023
11:00am - 11:45am
This virtual session will focus on using impactful conversations to support development planning. You will practice using exploratory questions to promote more meaningful and engaging conversations with your team members. Having these conversations related to employee development goals and opportunities will help your team members do their best work.
You will learn to:
- Identify questions that can be used as conversation starters for development planning using the “You, Plan, Do, Review” model from the Ross School of Business
- Ask positively-framed exploratory questions that will encourage your team members to share their goals in a more meaningful way
- Utilize this method in a virtual environment as well as in-person
You will benefit by:
- Creating an environment that supports meaningful and engaging conversations about development
- Promoting employee engagement using open and honest dialogue with your team members
- Having more impactful virtual meetings
Any faculty or staff member who would like to promote meaningful, engaging conversations about development to create an environment that focuses on our greatest asset–our people
This workshop is being offered in an online webinar format. Online session login information will be delivered in the registration confirmation email.
This content is complementary to Professional Development: A Manager’s Companion Guide. You may find it helpful to take that course prior to or after this session.