Elections open for union rep on Police Oversight Committee
The election for the union staff representative to serve on the U-M Police Department Oversight Committee is underway and continues through May 14.
The candidates are:
- Bernice Trussell, instrument/sterilization processor
- Beth Mills, registered nurse
- Hatim Elhady, physician assistant
- Eugene Carter, stock keeper
- Jacob Mackenzie, physician assistant
- Jamie A. Eidsath, registered nurse
- John Nichols, electrician
- John W Green, mover
- Joseph Spitler, custodian
- Kelly Jenkins, OR instrument processor
- Latasha Wingard, entrance attendant
- Laura Jirasek, registered nurse
- Marc Wilson, registered nurse
- Michael Fairbanks, custodian
- Michael Juneau, transit coach operator
- Michael McNish, painter
- Patricia Coristine, advanced practice nurse
- RaeDeane Hawthorne, registered nurse
- Rebecca Butynski, registered nurse
- Shantavia Brown, registered nurse
- Trishul Kapoor, house officer
Members of AFSCME, HOA, IUOE, MNA, Skilled Trades, and UPAMM at Michigan Medicine and on the Ann Arbor campus may vote in this election. The ballot is available through the University Human Resources website at hr.umich.edu/union-staff-ballot. Appointment of the newly elected member to serve on the committee for a two-year term occurs in June.
The committee receives and makes recommendations regarding grievances against the U-M Police Department, or any police officer deputized by the university.
The six-member oversight committee consists of two students, two faculty members (one Senate and one non-Senate faculty), and two staff members (one union and one non-union), who are nominated and elected by their peers for two-year terms.
Learn more and vote