11 things to know now that COVID-19 isn’t an ‘emergency’ anymore; car crash survivor avoids paralysis – and more health stories
May 15, 2023 // FOUND IN: News
Check out this week’s stories from Health Lab, Michigan Medicine’s online publication for news and stories on health, wellness and research from top-leading medical experts.
Stay informed: Want Health Lab articles sent straight to your inbox? Sign up for Health Lab’s Health & Wellness and Research & Innovation weekly newsletters today.
- Woman makes complete recovery after treatment for near-fatal brain aneurysm bleed
- 11 things to know now that COVID-19 isn’t an ‘emergency’ anymore
- Car crash survivor avoids paralysis after less invasive spine surgery
- Same-day heart diagnosis helps 1-year-old get immediate treatment
- ‘The strength and grace’ of one mom with severe heart disease
- Evidence of conscious-like activity in the dying brain
- How SARS-CoV-2 sets up a literal shop inside cells to cause infection
- Labor induction doesn’t always reduce caesarean birth risk or improve outcomes for term pregnancies
- How a clinical simulation is helping to diversify careers in medicine
- Adolescents, young adults with advanced heart disease show desire to take active role in medical care decisions
- “Turn-I-Kits” for Ukraine
- COVID-19 linked to financial toll on patients