Donor pancreas tissue helps define ‘new normal’ in pancreatic cancer research; 5 ways to keep your heart healthy – and more health stories
April 14, 2023 // FOUND IN: News
Check out this week’s stories from Health Lab, Michigan Medicine’s online publication for news and stories on health, wellness and research from top-leading medical experts.
Stay informed: Want Health Lab articles sent straight to your inbox? Sign up for Health Lab’s Health & Wellness and Research & Innovation weekly newsletters today.
- Potential drug treats fatty liver disease in animal models, brings hope for first human treatment
- Donor pancreas tissue helps define ‘new normal’ in pancreatic cancer research
- Mouse study hints at specific brain receptor behind PCOS symptoms
- Life-threatening birth experiences among Medicaid enrollees vary widely by state and race-ethnicity
- Antiphospholipid antibodies may increase heart disease risk in healthy people
- Does race affect treatment initiation and outcomes for chronic hepatitis B?
- Complications for procedure to open clogged pulmonary arteries decrease significantly
- Fibromyalgia may worsen opioid addiction
- Bariatric surgery may reverse diabetes complications for people with obesity
- 5 ways to keep your heart healthy
- Unleashing ‘the beast’
- Depression too often gets deemed ‘hard to treat’ when medication falls short
- Financial toxicity of cancer impacts partners’ quality of life