Discovering Compassion in Loss: Building Sustainability for All
Monday, May 15, 2023
7:30am - 5:00pm
Weber's Inn, Ann Arbor
U-M Health Nursing Professional Development & Education is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
For information about receiving nursing continuing professional development contact hours, contact PDE Planner Diane Wyse.
7.0 Social Work CEUs pending
This full-day conference is a way to recognize professional grief, which is frequently experienced but often hidden, while also building knowledge and skills in grief and loss related to death and non-death loss. By embracing healthy coping behaviors and a supportive work culture, we hope to decrease compassion fatigue, mitigate occupational stress and burnout, and increase the joy and fulfillment in this type of work. Breakfast and lunch provided.
Selected Topics for the Event:
- Vicarious Trauma: Preserving Self while Caring for Others
- Panel Presentation focused on Regaining Compassion during Difficult Times
- Table Discussion to promote community and share wisdom
- Loss and grief related to Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Video presentation and Q&A with Award-Winning Nurse Educator, Barbara Karnes RN
Register in advance for this event: