Build a Better U (and you): Voices of the Staff is recruiting staff members
Do you want to help empower a positive workplace at Michigan? Voices of the Staff (Voices) is U-M’s employee engagement program. Each year in March, you can apply to join Voices. It’s your opportunity to share ideas and define the campus community issues that matter most to you.
Participants join more than 120 staff members from across all campuses to meet monthly, serving on one of six topic-specific network teams. There is a seventh Voices team comprised of alumni of the program.
If you are a staff member looking for ways to contribute to strengthen our workplace, this is for you. Voices of the Staff offers you an opportunity to:
- Serve as a sounding board to provide feedback to executive officers on major initiatives
- Establish connections that open new channels of communication
- Provide creative suggestions on staff climate and satisfaction issues
- Recognize your own value and talents
- Connect with colleagues from across all U-M campuses, including Michigan Medicine
Applications are now being accepted for service on one of six network teams:
- Advance Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Enhance the Employee Experience
- Embrace Change
- Promote Career Growth
- Facilitate Flexible Work
- Strive for Well-being
Learn about the Voices network teams, eligibility requirements, the selection process and more at voices.umich.edu. Be sure to let your supervisor know that your participation is good for your whole unit.Apply by March 31, 2023. Appointments begin around April 30.