Better together: It’s Patient Safety Awareness Week 2023
Approximately a 3-minute read
- Patient Safety Awareness Week is taking place until Saturday, March 18. This year’s theme is “Better Together.”
- Take time to engage in this year’s activities that promote patient safety awareness.
- Complete a KCard, which focuses on five different safety activities, and become eligible to win a prize.
Patient Safety Awareness Week is in full swing! Until Sunday, March 19, you can enjoy the activities and giveaways taking place around the organization or participate in this year’s KCard, a checklist of five safety activities to complete, and be entered into a drawing for a prize.
This year’s theme is “Better Together.” We all have a role to play in patient safety, and it’s important to remember that a safe health care environment is better accomplished through teamwork. If you see a colleague making a contribution to safety this week or at any time, you can recognize them using the Michigan Medicine Recognition Site.
Below are this week’s suggested activities to raise awareness and focus on patient safety:
- Talk with your leaders and team members about patient safety in huddles, while rounding and in staff meetings.
- Share and listen to safety and reliability stories.
- Show your support for patient safety with our Zoom backgrounds, which can be found here and here.
- Complete a Patient Safety Awareness Week KCard to be entered into a drawing for a gift card.
How to enter the KCard contest
- Visit the Qualtrics survey link here to access and review the Patient Safety Awareness Week KCard.
- Complete all FIVE activities and then check ‘yes’ in the KCard.
- Completed KCards must be submitted by Monday, March 20 (Note: Only one submission per person).
Winners will be selected at random. If you are selected, you will be contacted using the information provided within the survey.
The Wrap podcast
The latest episode of The Wrap employee podcast is all about Patient Safety Awareness Week at Michigan Medicine and the origins of the annual week-long celebration. Click here to listen.
You must be logged in to post a comment.