Faculty Academic Success Program accepting applications through March 17
The Faculty Academic Success Program is a free 12-week program with the goal of providing a supportive, judgment-free environment for peer groups to hold team members accountable on daily progress (30+ minutes) on their highest priority goals (e.g. writing).
This program is designed for faculty at all levels and co-sponsored by the Office of Faculty Development and the Institute for Healthcare Policy and Innovation (IHPI). These offices will match faculty into peer groups based on their rank-ordered needs they indicated in their application (e.g., early-career research, clinical demands, parenting, COVID, parenting + COVID, mid-career/promotion, etc.).
Upon conclusion of the program, faculty will be able to add this program to their CV and it can also be used in a Career Development Plan for future grant applications.
- Peer groups will meet weekly for approximately one hour for peer mentoring and holding each other accountable for scholarly writing.
- Program dates: Weekly from April 10 – June 30
- Orientation session (via Zoom):
- Wednesday, March 29, 11 a.m. – noon
- Commitment: In addition to meeting with your group weekly, you will also be asked to complete a 15-30 minute weekly homework assignment
Please note that space is limited, so only those who can commit to participating in the standing meetings and completing the pre-work for all 12 weeks of the program should apply.
Apply for the Faculty Academic Success Program.
Applications are due Friday, March 17.
If you have questions about the Faculty Academic Success Program, please email UMMS-Faculty-Development@med.umich.edu.