Earthquake disaster relief for Turkey and Syria organized by TACAM
This week, a series of earthquakes in Turkey and Syria devastated the region, killed thousands and destroyed countless buildings. The Turkish American Cultural Association of Michigan (TACAM) is organizing disaster relief and is requesting assistance.
UPDATE: Please consider monetary donations in lieu of new purchases. Note that aid organizations have better bargaining power. We are receiving reports of excessive amounts of in-kind donations already piling up and asked to wait before forwarding any goods.
Here are some ways you can make donations to assist those affected by the earthquakes:
Make a monetary donation to our organization TACAM by clicking here, or mail a check payable to “TACAM” to 28847 Beck Rd. Wixom, MI 48393
Every penny will be sent to the relief effort. There is no overhead cost in TACAM as it is a volunteer organization.
Make a monetary donation to the following reputable and trustworthy organizations.|
- Bridge-to-Türkiye (https://bridgetoturkiye.org/)
- Turkish Philanthropy Funds (https://www.tpfund.org/)
- Doctors without Borders (https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/)
- CARE (https://www.care.org/)
- UNICEF (https://www.unicefusa.org/)
- AFAD (https://en.afad.gov.tr/earthquake-humanitarian-aid-campaign)
Support with in-kind donations of NEW and UNUSED items:
- Tents (large, suitable for Winter)
- Sleeping Bags
- Pocket Warmers
- Winter Clothing: Coats, Boots, Trousers (including snow coats/pants)
- Medical supplies:
- Portable ultrasound device
- Blood glucose meter and strips
- Surgical sets (Abdominal, retractor, etc.)
Please bring ONLY NEW/UNUSED items. Second-hand items are not accepted for hygiene reasons. Please make sure to place your items in clear bags or boxes, list all the items in detail and tape them on the bags or boxes.
The collected items will be delivered to the Turkish Consulate/Turkish Airlines for free transportation to Turkey.
TACAM Cultural Center
28847 Beck Rd. Wixom, MI 48393
10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
First batch will be collected on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Feb. 10–Feb 12). We hope to send the first shipment next week.