New year, new skills!
Develop yourself and your career by exploring free online offerings from Organizational Learning. You can also search Organizational Learning’s catalog of offerings to find more professional development courses not listed here.
Register for an upcoming session:
New to U-M, newly promoted to a supervisory position, or just interested in learning more about leadership, the courses in this series can be taken in any order to increase your leadership potential.
- Leadership 101: Financial Responsibilities of a New Supervisor, Wednesday, Jan. 25, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (Registration deadline: Thursday, Jan. 19)
- Introduction to Payroll, Thursday, Feb. 2, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Be the change you want to see with culture change courses.
- Culture Change Foundations: Improving Workplace Climate, Tuesday, Jan. 17, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- LGBTQIA+: An Introduction to Inclusive Language, Tuesday, Jan. 24, 10:30 a.m. to noon, or Tuesday, Feb. 21, 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Change it Up!, Wednesday, Feb. 8, 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Anti-Racism Primer, choose between a self-guided course or a weekly email subscription
Learn, try and apply new skills in 45 minutes or less with microlearning sessions.
- Difficult Conversations, Thursday, Feb. 9, 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Becoming a Zoom Pro in the Virtual Workplace, Wednesday, Feb. 22, 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Many of these sessions utilize content from LinkedIn Learning, which is available at no cost to active U-M faculty, staff (including temporary employees) and students. LinkedIn Learning offers over 16,000 online courses that you can access anytime. Learn more about LinkedIn Learning at U-M.
This story first appeared in UHR News. Click here to subscribe!