Leadership 101: Introduction to Procurement
Tuesday, June 27, 2023
1:00pm - 2:00pm
Making purchases for your workplace, programs and courses can be complicated! In this course, participants will learn the role of U-M Procurement Services, your responsibilities as a department buyer, the procurement lifecycle, and how to choose the right buying method. It is part of the Leadership 101 Curriculum.
You will learn to:
- Navigate the procurement lifecycle
- Identify which items you can purchase with and without Procurement Services Involvement
- Determine the appropriate buying method for your purchase
You will benefit by:
- Gaining an understanding of the laws and policies that regulate procurement activities at the university
- Exploring important Procurement Services policies that reduce risk and protect university interests
- Obtaining resources to get you started with the purchasing process
- A short assignment (about 30 minutes) will be shared via email one week prior to the course. The assignment is expected to be completed prior to the course session.