Get moving, earn swag with Active U
Team support, setting exercise goals and free t-shirts return this winter, thanks to Active U. This 12-week physical activity challenge encourages the entire U-M community to get moving toward the same goal – being active.
Choose to sign up as an individual or join or create a team. Tracking physical activity minutes starts Jan. 23.
This year, Active U t-shirts – one of the program’s most popular perks – return after a three-year absence.
“For many, the t-shirts have been a badge of honor and that extra motivation needed to reach their goals,” said Colleen Greene, senior wellness coordinator for MHealthy.
“We’re happy to be able to bring them back. Participants who successfully complete the program will qualify for a t-shirt. They will also have the option to upgrade to other Active U items.”
Additional program highlights include:
- Easy logging: Manually log minutes on the portal or sync to an activity tracking device.
- Active U Slack channel: Connect with other participants, share photos, find encouragement, and stay motivated. Available to faculty and staff only.
- Swag Squad: Enter to win $25 gift cards by sharing photos and posting to Active U’s Slack Channel.
- Exercise video library: More than 50 videos in such categories as strength training, cardio, yoga, meditation and more.
- Charity of choice: This year, participants are encouraged to donate to the MHealthy Resource Coach Program. It offers support to U-M faculty and staff experiencing a financial crisis or other personal hardship.
Active U is open to all faculty, staff, students, retirees and employee spouses/OQAs and all fitness levels and abilities.
The deadline to register is Feb. 6.
Register for Active U on the MHealthy Portal by Feb. 6.