Update: Baby supply drive
Announcements across multiple Michigan Medicine outlets have resulted in a tremendous outpouring of support in recent weeks from individuals and teams donating much needed baby supplies. Collected items have surpassed 2021 results by more than six times, thanks to the generosity of staff, faculty and others.
To date, the following items have been collected:
- Over 3,800 diapers and training pants
- 55+ pairs of pajamas for infants, toddler, and children
- Countless amounts of baby wipes, diaper rash cream, bottles, baby safety kits (nail clipper, nasal aspirator, etc.)
- Dozens of children’s books, toys, etc.
- Dozens of blankets for all ages
- Several portable Pack ‘N Play playpens & diaper bags
There is still a need for diaper bags which will be used to pack the items above for distribution to families with young children.
Donations will be accepted through the end of December and distributed to families shortly thereafter. The goal of the drive is to provide 50 families with baby essentials identified as high need (diapers, diaper bags, pajamas, Pack n’ Plays, etc.).
Donations can be purchased via Amazon Wish List (a QR code is provided on the attached flyer) or by contacting Angela Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-395-1816. The team is happy to pick up donations! Final outcomes of the drive will be shared in January.