Three steps toward a financially focused new year
Planning to build a bigger nest egg in 2023? Three steps can help you drill down toward a solid pathway to retirement.
Assess your accounts
Take stock of your Basic Retirement Plan and supplemental retirement plan investments. Did they perform as expected? If not, it’s a good time to make changes for a more profitable 2023. Representatives from TIAA and Fidelity, U-M’s partners in its retirement plans, can answer your questions and suggest new strategies to chart a course that fits your financial goals.
Check in frequently
Your appointment can be in person, virtual or by phone to suit your schedule. Evolving technology allows you to share the Fidelity or TIAA rep’s screen so you see what they see when discussing your accounts.
Fidelity offers appointments exclusively for U-M employees every Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visit Fidelity’s scheduling page or call 800-642-7131, weekdays from 8 a.m. to midnight
- Visit tiaa.org/schedulenow or call 800-732-8353, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Learn by livestream
Webinars and online workshops are a great way to learn in your office, home or anywhere about investment topics. Many are in real-time, but can also be viewed on-demand so you’ll never miss a word.
Fidelity and TIAA will close out 2022 with the following free webinars in December:
- Wednesday, Dec. 14: 2-2:45 p.m., Women Talk Money: New Year’s (Money) Resolutions
- Wednesday, Dec. 7: noon-1 p.m., Opening Doors to the Future: Save in a 529 College Savings Plan
- Wednesday, Dec. 7: 3-4 p.m., Help Protect You, Your Family and Your Money
- Thursday, Dec. 8: 3-4 p.m., Write Your Next Chapter: 5 Steps to Setting Your Retirement Date
Help at MHealthy
MHealthy also offers several resources to assist faculty and staff with improving their financial literacy. These include education programs, coaches, and immediate assistance for those who need help now.
This story first appeared in UHR News. Click here to subscribe!