Holiday parking and transportation update
The holiday season is here! And for the next few weeks, parking and transportation on campus will be modified.
The following information will help you to plan ahead when parking your car or getting around during the holidays.
Here’s what you need to know.
- There is NO BUS or SHUTTLE SERVICE on Dec. 25, 26 and Jan. 1 and 2.
- Modified service will operate from Tuesday, Dec. 20 – Saturday, Dec. 24 (see Holiday Calendar). Parking permits remain required in all lots and structures until noon on Dec. 23.
- Service ends at 6 p.m. on Dec 24 and 31.
- Between Tuesday, Dec. 27 and Saturday, Dec. 31, only Wall St. Express (weekdays only) and Winter Break Northwood routes will operate.
- Wall St. Express will run a special holiday schedule between 6:15 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekdays to and from the Wall Street area and U-M hospital. Bus frequency will vary from 7-8 minutes depending on the time of day. Please check the departure schedule.
- Commuter lot parkers are encouraged to park FREE along Wall Street and walk or take the Wall St. Express to/from the hospitals. There will be NO BUS SERVICE for Glazier Way, Mitchell Field, NC78, NC90/91, Green Road, Crisler Center and East Ann Arbor commuter lots from Dec. 24 – Jan. 2. Regular service to these lots will resume on Jan. 3. See Holiday Parking Map.
- Winter Break Northwood buses will run every 40 minutes and will follow the Winter Break schedule.
- East Ann Arbor Employee Parking Shuttles, Michigan Medicine Late Night Service (ends midnight Friday, Dec. 23), Ride Home and State Street Ride will not operate from Dec. 24 – Jan. 2. Service will resume on Jan. 3.
- Paratransit service will not be available on Dec. 24, 25, 26, 31 or Jan. 1 and 2. A reminder that there is no Paratransit service on weekends. Registered passengers who need service between Dec. 27 – Dec. 30 may call Golden Limousine directly at 734-999-0468 and choose option 1. Normal operations will resume on Jan. 3.
From noon on Friday, Dec. 23 until 6 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 3:
- Parking permits are not required in most U-M parking lots and structures. Recommended “free” parking options for medical campus employees include:
- Structures: Glen, Ann, Catherine, Wall Street Structures, Palmer and Fletcher
- Lots: M27, M28, M29, M34, M50, M65, M66, M87 and Fuller Pool
- See Holiday Parking Map
- Parking permits are required in P1, P2/P3, P4 & P5 structures, M71 and M95 (Arbor Heights) surface lots. These parking areas will be enforced throughout the holiday season. In addition, special signed spaces (Gold, Accessible, Service, Business, Commercial Vehicle, etc.) will require appropriate permits and remain enforced at all times.
- Yellow AVI permit parkers will have access to park in P3, P4 and P5 during the day as is typical for holidays/season days beginning on Saturday, Dec. 24 (program description).
- Medical campus afternoon or night shift staff, whose schedules do not align with Wall Street Express bus service or “free” options, can park in P2 (Dec. 24 – Jan. 2). Staff must exit via a patient/visitor lane and show their Yellow or Orange parking permit to the attendant for a free exit.
Other important information
- Parking Customer Services Offices (at 523 S. Division St. and UH South) will be closed beginning Dec. 24 and will reopen at 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 3.
- Fleet Services will be closed Dec. 24 through Jan. 2. Vehicles to be rented over the season day period will need to be picked up prior to closing on Dec. 23. Fleet Services will reopen at 6:30 a.m. on Jan. 3.
- Service Stations: The Baxter Road Service Station will remain in service throughout the season. The Kipke Drive site will be accessible on a limited basis, as the gates for the SC10 Lot will be closed during non-operational hours.
- Fleet Garage will be closed Dec. 24 through Jan. 2. For vehicle emergencies when the garage is closed, contact University Police (763-1131) and your call will be returned by a garage supervisor.
- Waste and recyclable collection needs will be monitored and performed during the season days as needed. Call the Facilities Services Center (647-2059) if there are additional needs.
- NEW: Catherine Street Intermittent Lane Closures — Expected to occur sometime between Thursday, December 22, and Monday, January 23, intermittent lane closures will be in place on Catherine Street between North Ingalls and Glen Avenue for utility work. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
Thank you for your cooperation and happy holidays!