Want to cut back or abstain from alcohol?
The holiday season is right around the corner. For some, this time of year means celebrating, parties and connecting with family and friends. For others, it can be a cause for stress or anxiety.
In either case, alcohol could play a role during the season. If you are looking for tips on how to be more mindful of your drinking choices or not drink alcohol at all, sign up to receive weekly emails from MHealthy’s Alcohol Management Program (AMP).
Every Monday, Nov. 14 through Jan. 2, 2023 (eight weeks total), you will receive a “Holiday Stop and Swap” email.
Cut back or take a break?
Choose between two options (or choose both if you’re not sure):
- Practice more mindful drinking and reducing alcohol consumption
- Practice abstaining from alcohol all together
Each email includes:
- Tips and guidance to help cut down or take a break from alcohol
- Tools and resources to help you reflect on your choices
- Swap challenge that encourages making one positive change each week
- Non-alcoholic drink recipe of the week
Want to take a closer look at your alcohol use?
As always, anyone who wants help with cutting back on alcohol or quitting altogether can get brief, confidential health education and one-on-one counseling through the MHealthy Alcohol Management Program. Sessions are available via Zoom or by phone.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-998-2017.