Plan ahead: Utility work on main medical campus
October 17, 2022 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of some upcoming projects scheduled to take place on the main medical campus in the coming days.
Plan ahead and alert patients if they will be traveling to the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Anticipated to begin as early as this week, and possibly lasting for several weeks, intermittent lane closures and traffic shifts will be in place on East Medical Center Drive near the intersection of West Medical Center Drive for utility work.
- Work is expected to take place between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday and two-way traffic will be maintained at all times.
- Initially, the lane closure is expected to be on the west side of EMCD and two-way traffic will be shifted to the east. When the work moves to the east side of the bridge, two-way traffic will shift to the west.
- The last phase of work will close a segment of the eastern sidewalk and pedestrians will be detoured. Left turns onto Fuller will be permitted throughout.
- DTE is hoping to return to Nichols Drive tomorrow, Oct. 18, for some additional utility manhole work.
- The project would include the closure of a small segment of Nichols Drive’s eastbound lane, just east of East Medical Center Drive, from approximately 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Flaggers will maintain two-way traffic.