Plan ahead and expect delays: Road closures around Ann Arbor
October 31, 2022 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of road closures and traffic changes that are scheduled to take place around Ann Arbor in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, a vehicle lane shift on South Maple Road is expected to occur at the intersection of Russell Street just south of Liberty Street.
- The southbound vehicle lane of South Maple Road is scheduled to be closed with traffic shifted into the center turn lane through the project area.
- Both northbound and southbound traffic will be maintained, but some minor delays should be expected.
- The project is expected to be completed by Nov. 15.
- Beginning today, East Washington Street is anticipated to be closed between South Division Street and South State Street.
- Westbound East Washington Street traffic will be detoured south on South State Street to East Liberty Street, then west on East Liberty to South Division, then north on South Division back to East Washington.
- Eastbound East Washington Street traffic will be detoured south on South Fifth Avenue to East Liberty Street, then east on East Liberty to South State Street, then north on South State Street back to East Washington.
- Local business access will be maintained.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the north side of East Washington.
- The project is expected to be completed by Nov. 19.