Open Enrollment for 2023 benefits continues now through Oct. 28
Approximately a 2-minute read
- Open Enrollment for 2023 benefits is open now until Friday, Oct. 28!
- Changes can be made to health, dental, vision and legal plan enrollments, dependents may be added and employees may enroll in a flexible spending account.
- Tools and resources are provided to help employees and retirees find the health plan that offers the most advantages to them and their family.
Faculty, staff, retirees and benefits-eligible graduate students can change their benefits during Open Enrollment, which is now underway and continues through 5 p.m. Oct. 28.
Changes can be made to health, dental, vision and legal plan enrollments. Faculty and staff also may add eligible dependents and enroll in a flexible spending account.
Benefits changes and new rates take effect Jan. 1, 2023.
Before choosing a health plan, consider the following:
- All costs involved, including monthly premiums and out-of-pocket expenses like deductibles, coinsurance and copays.
- Service areas and access to your preferred doctors and hospitals.
- Anticipated health needs for you and your covered dependents.
- Your financial needs over the next year.
Tools and resources are provided to help employees and retirees find the health plan that offers the most advantages to them and their family, and then to use it wisely. These include Benefits Mentor, health plan coverage comparison tool and health plan coverage comparison chart.
No action is required during Open Enrollment for faculty, staff and retirees to keep their current benefits, except for flexible spending accounts. Employees who are eligible and wish to participate in an FSA for 2023 will need to enroll.
Faculty, staff and benefits-eligible graduate students can make benefits changes through Wolverine Access self-service from Oct. 17 through 5 p.m. Oct. 28.
For answers to benefits questions, call the Shared Services Center at 5-2000 on campus, 734-615-2000 or 866-647-7657 (toll free) off campus, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. SSC is unavailable daily from 1-2 p.m.