MLearning retirement/replacement coming soon! Plan now for blackout period — and learn where to find resources and support
Approximately a 3-minute read
- Training and learning modules currently available in MLearning will soon be moved over to a new system, Cornerstone Learning.
- The retirement of MLearning and launch of Cornerstone Learning is scheduled to take place from Nov. 3-7.
- The new platform will provide easier navigation, improved search functions and more!
Every year, Michigan Medicine faculty and staff have a number of training and learning modules that they are required to complete via MLearning.
While those modules will still be available — and mandatory — moving forward, their home will be changing over the next few weeks.
Here’s what you need to know about Cornerstone Learning, a new talent management platform coming to Michigan Medicine.
MLearning to be retired
Michigan Medicine Human Resources, Organizational Learning and Health Information Technology & Services are partnering to establish the new comprehensive Talent Management platform to serve all of Michigan Medicine.
The first major step in the process is retiring MLearning — the system the organization has long used to manage and deliver required and optional learning opportunities. It will be replaced by Cornerstone Learning.
Key transition details:
- Thursday, Nov. 3: MLearning will be retired at 5 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 7: Cornerstone Learning will go live at approximately 7 a.m.
- Nov. 3 – 7: During this period, no Learning Management system will be available, and access to ALL learner activities (e-learning and training registration) will be unavailable.
- All current MLearning “mandatories” will be migrated over to Cornerstone — and anything that’s currently assigned will carry over.
- Please note: Anyone with in-progress online training in MLearning must complete it by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 3 – or start over again in Cornerstone Learning on/after Nov. 7. No in-progress trainings will carry over, meaning you will have to start from the beginning of the module.
Benefits of this change:
As a more modern, cloud-based platform, Cornerstone Learning offers many advantages over the existing system, including:
- Improved search
- Easier navigation
- Greater access
- Integration of additional learning resources, including LinkedIn Learning
Resources and support:
To help the Michigan Medicine community prepare for this upcoming change, a Resources and Support page has been developed featuring a “transition toolkit,” information geared to different job roles and a new overview Video that introduces the new Cornerstone Learning “Welcome” page and provides a tour of its major features.
Please visit (and bookmark) michmed.org/cornerstone for full details.
Learn even more about this project on The Wrap employee podcast below!