Leadership 101: Introduction to procurement
Making purchases for your workplace, programs and courses can be complicated! In this course, participants will learn the role of U-M Procurement Services, your responsibilities as a department buyer, the procurement lifecycle, and how to choose the right buying method.
It is part of the Leadership 101 curriculum.
The workshop will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 18 from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
You will learn to:
- Navigate the procurement lifecycle
- Identify which items you can purchase with and without Procurement Services Involvement
- Determine the appropriate buying method for your purchase
You will benefit by:
- Gaining an understanding of the laws and policies that regulate procurement activities at the university
- Exploring important Procurement Services policies that reduce risk and protect university interests
- Obtaining resources to get you started with the purchasing process