Leadership 101: Financial responsibilities of a new supervisor
This course introduces new supervisors and managers to the financial responsibilities of university leaders. It is part of the Leadership 101 Curriculum.
Topics covered include:
- What is financial responsibility
- Who the university is accountable to
- U-M’s financial structure, including a basic understanding of fund accounting
The course will take place online from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 16.
You will learn to:
- Identify a supervisor’s responsibilities for effective financial management
- Recognize U-M ‘s major revenue sources and the restrictions associated with using them
- Determine appropriate revenue sources for unit expenditures
You will benefit by:
- Gaining an understanding of effective financial management of unit/department resources and a supervisor’s responsibilities in this area
- Obtaining practice spending a budget based on revenue sources and amounts