Celebrate global diversity this October
October is Global Diversity Awareness Month, which serves as “a reminder of the positive impact a diverse culture of people can have on society as a whole,” according to National Today.
Here are a few ways to celebrate diversity in the workplace:
Sign up for a DEI course
- Understanding Privilege, Wednesday, Oct. 19, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Change it Up!, Wednesday, Oct. 26, 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Anti-Racism Primer, choose between a self-guided option, or weekly email subscription
- Unconscious Bias Learning Suite, online, self-paced module
- Culture Change Foundations: Improving Workplace Climate, Thursday, Nov. 3, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Join the DEI Slack channel
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Slack channel is dedicated space to connect and be inclusive.
“Every one of us is unique, and it’s our differences that help us bring unique perspectives and new ideas to the workplace. Take time this month to celebrate the diversity found among your team members and in your community,” with 10 Ways to Celebrate Diversity Month at Your Workplace from Sapling.
This story first appeared in UHR News. Click here to subscribe!