Fall MiChart system upgrade coming Oct. 23: Training materials now available
Training materials for the Fall upgrade to Michigan Medicine’s Electronic Health Record are now available.
To prepare for new functionality and enhancements, training content has been created for all MiChart users to review before these changes go into effect.
The following eLearnings are available for this upgrade:
- MiChart Revenue Cycle Upgrade eLearning Certification, Fall 2022 (MC-RV30019L): This eLearning certification is being pushed out to the Revenue Cycle department
- Michigan Medicine In Basket Standard Practice eLearning (MC-AC1016E): Click the link to access this eLearning. It is required for all ambulatory users and recommended for Inpatient In Basket users.
- Schedule Using Book It eLearning (MC-PS801E): This is available for those interested in using the new scheduling feature.
All other content is available for review on MiChart Fall Upgrade project page. The content is organized by role and contains slides of relevant changes, with links to tip sheets and/or videos where applicable.
A practice environment featuring the changes coming in the Fall MiChart upgrade is now available to all MiChart users through Virtual Places (https://vplaces.med.umich.edu). This will provide users a chance to experience the upgrade changes prior to the go-live on Oct. 23.
Select the Epic MiChart Practice Upgrade Environment icon to log in. Detailed instructions for accessing the practice environment, including login and patient information, can be found on the following links.
Please note – you must log in to access the MiChart information.
About the upgrade:
The Fall upgrade will include updates, system maintenance and new features to the MiChart application. The newest upgrade will enable some key changes and enhancements, including:
- New In Basket redesign with an updated look to make it more intuitive and add features. More details can be seen within the It’s Possible… In Basket Overview video.
- New Behavioral Health module to support the unique workflows of behavioral health users and efficiently meet regulatory requirements within MiChart.
- New Genomics module that can create actionable Genomic and Germline indicators, while also offering reporting data.
- Changes to Secure Chat availability statuses.
- Updated Status Board and new Procedural Narrator in OR and Procedural areas
Due to an Epic recommendation, Michigan Medicine will delay changes to registration screens and workflows and continue to evaluate implementation for “Book It” for appointment scheduling.
For more information, please visit the MiChart Fall Upgrade project page.
You must be logged in to post a comment.