Yoga, Zumba and more return to Big House Sept. 15
Yoga, Zumba and football-inspired drills will once again take over the field at Michigan Stadium.
After a two-year hiatus, “Be Well in the Big House,” a free event organized by MHealthy, returns on Sept. 15 from 3 until 6 p.m. U-M faculty and staff can join in health and wellness activities both on and off the field of the Big House.
Virtual well-being sessions will also lead off the week from Sept. 12-14.
Register early for on-field sessions
Three 45-minute sessions will take place on the field. All fitness levels and abilities are encouraged to sign up. Early registration is recommended as space is limited. Register for up to two sessions:
- 3 p.m.: Football drills and thrills (no equipment required)
- 4 p.m.: Yoga
- 5 p.m.: Zumba
Plenty is happening off the field as well. Registration is not required to take part in activities on the concourse:
- health and well-being experts
- 15-minute cardio drumming sessions
- 10-minute stress reduction/self-compassion demos
- M Farmers Market
- Maize and Blue Cupboard donation drop-off
- and more
Attend virtual “Be Well” sessions
In the days leading up to the Michigan Stadium event, faculty and staff can attend virtual Zoom sessions focused on nutrition, financial well-being and kindness:
- Sept. 12, 11 a.m.: Ten budgeting tips to beat inflation
- Sept. 13, 3 p.m.: Batch cooking
- Sept. 14, 2 p.m.: Growing more of a good thing: Cultivating kindness, gratitude and compassion for well-being
These are a good option for anyone who cannot attend the in-person event or wants to explore more health-related topics.
Anyone in need of accommodations to take part in these events can contact MHealthy at 734-647-7888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and to register for an on-field class or virtual session, visit the Be Well in the Big House webpage.