Plan ahead and expect delays: Road work around Ann Arbor
Please be advised that road work and other projects are expected to make an impact on traffic around Ann Arbor in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today and running through Friday, Aug. 26, the following areas are expected to be affected by the city’s Technology Infrastructure Improvement Project:
- East side of Fourth Street and Huron Street (sidewalk and lane closures)
- West side of Fifth Street at Huron Street (sidewalk and lane closures)
- East side of Division Street from Huron Street to Washington Street (bike lane and sidewalk closures)
- Liberty Lane, both sides of the road from Fourth Street to Fifth Street (sidewalk and meter bagging)
- Alley between Ashley Street and Main Street, and Liberty Street and William Street (no closures associated with these areas)
- Alley between Main Street and Fourth Street and William Street and Liberty Street (no closures associated with these areas)
- West side of East University from Willard Street to South University (sidewalk closure and parking space closure)
- South side of Willard Street from Forest Avenue to East University (sidewalk closure)
- East side of Forest Avenue from Willard Street to South University (sidewalk closure and parking meter bagging)
- Church Street at South University (lane closure and parking space closure)
- From now until Friday, Aug. 19, the right turn lane at the corner of West Stadium Boulevard and Liberty is scheduled to be closed.
- All eastbound traffic on Liberty will be shifted into the interior lane.
- Southbound traffic on West Stadium will be shifted into the interior lane.
- Bike traffic will share the road with vehicular traffic during the closure.
- Local access will be maintained and pedestrian traffic may be detoured away from work zones.
- From 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 9 until Thursday, Aug. 11, South Fourth Avenue between Huron and Washington is anticipated to be closed.
- Northbound vehicle traffic on South Fourth Avenue will be detoured west on East Washington Street, north on South Main Street, east on East Huron Street and back to North Fourth Avenue.
- Southbound vehicle traffic will be detoured east on Huron Street, south on Fifth Avenue, west on East Washington Street and back to South Fourth Avenue.
- Pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the east side of South Fourth Avenue and local access will be maintained.
- From 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 9 until 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 20, Earhart Road is scheduled to be closed from Geddes Road to Glazier Way.
- Southbound Earhart Road traffic will be detoured west on Glazier Way, north on Huron Parkway to the nearest Michigan Left, then south on Huron Parkway, east on Geddes Road back to Earhart Road.
- Northbound Earhart Road traffic will be detoured west on Geddes Road, north on Huron Parkway, east on Glazier Way back to Earhart Road.
- Pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the west side of Earhart Road.
From noon on Friday, Aug. 12 until 1 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 13, Maynard Street from William to just before the parking structure is expected to be closed for the NYPD 25th Anniversary Block Party event.