Apply now for Practicing Nurse Evidence-Based Practice Fellowship
The Nursing Research and Translation Committee is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the eighth cohort of the Practicing Nurse Evidence-Based Practice Fellowship. This program is being offered in consultation and backing from UMPNC.
The goals of the fellowship program are to:
- Increase individual nurse knowledge around evidence-based practice, implementation and quality improvement.
- Improve quality of care for patients by implementing evidence-based care to address an area of concern.
- Continue to grow the nursing culture at U-M Health to value evidence-based practice and to be leaders in this work.
The fellowship provides an opportunity for nurses to take a clinical idea through the evidence-based practice process with support and guidance provided by university experts.
The fellowship is composed of a mixture of classroom education, self-learning and dedicated work time. Content that will be covered includes finding, critiquing and synthesizing research articles; implementation strategies to ensure success; and methods for evaluation.
Each fellow will have implemented a practice change by the end of the program.
Fellows will be supported by a mentor, their unit/local leadership, individuals from the Research and Translation Committee (including a health system librarian), and other nursing and institutional groups as needed. Eight hours of work time each month are supported by the Department of Nursing. Additional time is expected and will be done on personal time.
Candidates are eligible to apply for this fellowship if they meet the following criteria:
- Staff nurse or APRN who spends at least 50% of their time in direct patient care.
- Are in good standing (not in disciplinary action).
- Are in any setting including inpatient, ambulatory care, the OR/PACU areas, home care and others (e.g. interventional radiology, medical procedures unit, etc.).
- Have worked for U-M Health as a nurse for at least one year and can commit to working in their current location for at least another year after starting program.
- Have not been a fellow in the program previously.
The Fellowship is a year-long program and will start in January 2023.
The deadline for applications is Sept. 11. This includes the candidate’s application AND input provided by the clinical nursing director (or manager).
The link to the fellow applicant’s survey is: https://umichumhs.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4Z03PIKUSLUXQJE
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the co-chair of the Nursing Research and Translation Committee, Leah L. Shever-Doletzky, at firstname.lastname@example.org or administrative specialist intermediate Lori Wenzel, at email@example.com.
To learn more about the Nurse EBP Fellowship program, please visit the Fellowship website: