Plan ahead: Temporary parking lot closures, road work in the coming days
July 11, 2022 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of upcoming road work and city events that are expected to cause parking and traffic changes in the coming days and weeks.
Plan ahead and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Anticipated to begin this week, intermittent lane closures will be in place on Huron adjacent to the Central Power Plant and heading south on Washtenaw to about Geddes, for utility work.
- Two-way traffic is expected to be maintained, but traffic will likely be slowed due to lane restrictions.
- On Saturday, July 16 and Saturday, July 30, the M71 parking lot (blue surface lot on the south side of Fuller Road) is scheduled to be closed to parkers.
- Per the university’s lease agreement with the City of Ann Arbor, the M71 lot can be used for city special events up to 10 times per year.
- To enable city use, Blue permit parkers that use M71 are being asked to please use other available options on these dates, including Glen, Ann, Catherine, Palmer and Wall St. structures.
- Parkers are requested to remove their vehicles from M71 by 6 a.m. on both Saturdays.
- The lots are expected to reopen by late afternoon on these dates.