Transplant team to gather virtually at noon today to remember those lost in tragedy
For those who work remotely, the transplant team will gather briefly at noon today, June 6, to remember those lost in a tragedy 15 years ago. All are welcome to attend.
On June 4, 2007, six faculty and staff members were returning from Milwaukee — where they had retrieved a pair of lungs for transplantation in Ann Arbor — when their Survival Flight plane crashed into Lake Michigan.
The team members aboard the flight were:
- David Ashburn, M.D., a fellow in cardiac surgery
- Richard Chenault II, transplant donation specialist, U-M Transplant Program
- Dennis Hoyes, Marlin Air pilot
- Rick LaPensee, transplant donation specialist, U-M Transplant Program
- Bill Serra, Marlin Air pilot
- Martin Spoor, M.D., U-M cardiac surgeon
The brief memorial gathering can be accessed via this link:
- Meeting ID: 920 2367 8456
- Passcode: 568843