More reasons to give blood
June is a time when the American Red Cross especially needs blood donations.
Here are more reasons to give blood:
- Blood donations declined in the spring, so additional supply is needed to avoid impacts to the summer supply.
- In June, the Red Cross celebrates two important dates: World Blood Donor Day on June 14, and World Sickle Cell Day on June 19. Support the recognition of these days by making an appointment to donate.
- Finally, in the month of June, Red Cross is giving each donor a $5 gift card, plus a chance to win a VIP trip to Memphis and Graceland in honor of Elvis.
Sign up for any of the Red Cross’ upcoming drives on the main medical campus. Plenty of appointments are still available at each of the following drives:
- Today, June 13: Towsley Dining Room, ends at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, June 16: Towsley Lobby, 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code goblue for a complete list of U-M blood drives and to sign up to volunteer to help at a drive. Off campus? Enter your zip code to find a drive near you.
You are also asked to give platelets, as they are in critically short supply. Learn more about platelet donation and make an appointment here.