Updated C&W visitor policy to take effect Thursday
On Thursday, May 5, an updated visitation policy for C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital and Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital will go into effect.
To support family presence at the bedside, the children’s and women’s hospital is expanding visitation as outlined below*:
- Pediatric inpatients: Four (4) parents/caregivers/visitors are allowed at one time. Patients in open bays will be limited to two (2) parents/guardians/visitors at one time.
- Pediatric inpatients at the end of life and pediatric deceased inpatients can have a maximum of six (6) parents/guardians/visitors at one time. Minors may be present if supervised.
- For patients in labor and delivery, patients who are COVID-negative can have up to four (4) visitors at one time.
*With the exception of adult hospital patient populations/units which will remain following adult hospitals visitor policy.
As defined by the policy, the definition of pediatric patients will be applied in the inpatient and ambulatory settings as:
- Patients from birth until their 21st birthday (age < 21 years).
- Patients followed by a pediatric subspecialty service.
- Pediatric patients 18 years of age and older, and those who are emancipated minors, may opt to follow adult visitor guidelines rather than pediatric guidelines.
Parents/guardians/visitors will be consistently informed at the time of screening of visitation guidelines and expectations around mask compliance.
The four parents/caregivers/visitors per patient at a time is for the entire children’s and women’s building — not just the bedside. Patients cannot have gatherings of visitors in the lobby or common areas waiting to swap out in the patients’ rooms.