Plan ahead: Road work around Ann Arbor
May 27, 2022 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of upcoming road and utility work around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
- Expected to begin on Thursday, June 2, and be complete around mid-June, Catherine Street will be closed to through traffic in both directions between Glen Avenue and North Ingalls Street for utility work.
- Access to the Glen Avenue Parking Structure’s south entrance on Catherine Street will be available from the west.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the north side of Catherine Street.
- Expected to occur between Tuesday, May 31, and Friday, June 3, East University Avenue will be closed in both directions between South University Avenue and Willard Street for a construction project.
- Local access to businesses and driveways will be maintained at all times.
- Pedestrian traffic on the east side of East University will be detoured to the west side.
- Expected to begin on Wednesday, June 1, and be complete in early September, South State Street will be closed in both directions between East William Street and East Liberty Street for streetscape, road and utility enhancements.
- Pedestrian traffic will generally be maintained on the State Street sidewalks; however, detours will be posted in the field as necessary during sidewalk closures.
- Expected to occur between Saturday, June 4, and Wednesday, July 6, East Washington Street will be closed in both directions between South Thayer Street and Fletcher Street for the Ann Arbor Summerfest.
- Stay tuned to Headlines for more details.