Plan ahead and expect delays: Road, utility work around Ann Arbor
May 13, 2022 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of road and utility work scheduled to take place around the area in the days and weeks to come.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
- Over the course of the next month, a number of intermittent lane closures are expected to be in effect in the following areas for a utility project. Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers:
- Catherine Street between North Ingalls and Zina Pitcher Place
- East Washington Street between South Thayer and Fletcher
- Fletcher Street between Huron and East Washington
- North University between Fletcher and Church
- Utilities for a new residential and commercial building on Glen Avenue from Catherine Street to East Ann Street is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 16 and last through 5 p.m. on Friday, May 27.
- Northbound vehicle detour: West on East Huron Street to North Main Street, then north on North Main Street to Depot Street, then east on Depot Street continuing east on Fuller Street to Glen Avenue
- Southbound vehicle detour: West onto Fuller Street, west on Depot Street to North Main Street, then south on North Main Street to East Huron Street, then east on East Huron Street to Glen Avenue.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the east side of Glen Avenue.