Workshop: Facilitating conversations for an anti-racist workplace
This workshop is open to faculty and staff who are managers and supervisors.
This program is a “video-on,” interactive session that will include small group breakout sessions.
In this session, managers and supervisors will learn and practice an approach to use a guiding template for facilitating 15-minute anti-racism discussions with their team. We will also share a plan on how to begin conversations on sensitive topics and view a conversation in action.
You will learn to:
- Strengthen facilitation skills for short discussions on sensitive topics using a one-page meeting template with their team
- Advance their self-confidence as a facilitator for anti-racism discussions
You will benefit by:
- Improving facilitation skills that support brief discussions on sensitive topics
- Learning how to create an inclusive, safe environment for discussions
- Having a plan for what you’ll do if tensions arise
Multiple online offerings:
April 25: Noon – 1:30 p.m.
May 19: 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
This workshop is hosted by the Office of Faculty Development but is open to Michigan Medicine Faculty and Staff. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend this workshop or have questions about accessibility, please contact us at UMMS-Faculty-Development@med.umich.edu.