Plan ahead: West Medical Center Drive repaving project
Please be advised that repaving work at the north end of West Medical Center Drive (WMCD) is scheduled to be completed in short phases between April 21 and May 8.
Plan ahead and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- WMCD is scheduled to be closed to thru traffic from May 5 – May 8. For the North-East Shuttle detour, please visit transit alerts.
- For the duration of this work, patient access to the P1 (Rogel Cancer Center) Structure will be maintained from the Rogel Cancer Center Circle Drive.
- P1 Blue and Gold parking access will remain open, but there will be times when vehicles are routed to adjacent exits/entrances when paving is at the driveways. Signage and flaggers will be present.
- Access in and out of the M55 Loading Docks will remain open, but there will be temporary delays when paving is at the driveway.
- Please expect delays when traveling in the area. P1 and Loading Dock traffic will enter the construction zone from the east and exit to the west.
- There will be a sidewalk closure on April 21 to replace a concrete slab at the P1 Structure Blue entrance. Signs will be posted.
- Sidewalks will remain open for pedestrians from April 22 through the duration of the project.
|Dates of work|
|Work description||West Med. Center Dr. traffic impact||Parking impact|
|April 21- April 24||P1 Blue entrance drive approach repair||Two-way traffic will be maintained. One lane will be closed in the immediate area of the repair. Vehicles will be directed around work.||P1 will remain open. Signs will be posted in P1 routing Blue parkers to an adjacent exit. Please note that all Gold and Blue parking remains enforced.|
|May 2 – May 4||Curb repairs||Two-way traffic will be maintained. One lane will be closed in the immediate area of the curb repair. Vehicles will be directed around work.||6 spaces along the north curbline will be closed from May 2 – May 8|
|May 5 – May 8||Repaving||Only WMCD traffic to and from P1 and the loading docks will be permitted. Vehicles will enter P1/docks from the east (EMCD) and exit P1/docks and travel west.|
A traffic detour will be posted with signs for all other traffic.
|6 spaces along the north curbline will be closed from May 2 – May 8|
P1 and loading docks will remain open. Signs will be posted in P1 routing vehicles to an adjacent exit as needed.