Plan ahead and expect delays: Construction work around Ann Arbor
April 20, 2022 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of upcoming work that will impact traffic around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From Thursday, April 21 until Thursday, May 5, William Street from Fifth Avenue to Division Street is expected to be closed.
- Vehicles traveling eastbound on William will be detoured south on Fifth Avenue, east on Packard Street, north on Division Street back to William.
- Vehicles traveling westbound on William will be detoured north on Division Street, west on Liberty Street, south on Fifth Avenue back to William.
- The bikeway on William is scheduled to be closed during this project.
- Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained via Division Street.
- At the end of each workday, westbound traffic will be reopened through the William and Fifth intersection.
- From 7 a.m. on Monday, April 25 until 5 p.m. on Friday, April 29, Chapin Street is anticipated to be closed between West Huron Street and Miller Avenue.
- Work will take place between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. each day.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured east on Huron, north on First Street and west on Miller.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured east on Miller, south on First Street and west on Huron.
- Local access will be maintained and pedestrian traffic may use the west side of Chapin Street.