Patient Experience Week 2022 makes call for submissions
Patient Experience Week 2022 is coming up April 26-30. Though the week will not include the Patient Experience Expo or other in-person events, the Office of Patient Experience still wants to learn about your work and celebrate your successes!
Here are two ways for you to share:
- Staff Story Library: The Office of Patient Experience has a Patient Story Library where patients and family members share their patient experience journey to help staff, faculty and learners gain patients’ perspectives on health care. We are now expanding the library for staff stories. Each of our employees has their unique perspective and adds value to this organization. We want to hear from you. Record a story using your phone answering one of these prompts:
- Why do you choose to work at Michigan Medicine? What purpose drives your work?
- If you had a procedure or inpatient hospital stay as a patient, has the way you approach your work or care for patients/families changed and why?
- Share an experience or anything else you feel is important or matters most to you. Ideas include: recognition of colleagues, opportunity for improvement, story about a project/initiative, a patient who had an impact on you, etc.
Email the recorded story to OPE-Volunteer-Coords@med.umich.edu.
You will also have an opportunity to record a story in-person on April 20 from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. in the UH Café meeting rooms.
- Bright Spots for Patient Experience Posters: Last year, OPE launched the virtual Bright Spots Posters. That will continue this year, giving teams an opportunity to highlight your patient experience efforts. Here’s how you can participate:
- Download the poster and complete the poster template.
- Record a 2-3 minute explanation of your project within the PowerPoint as a narration or on your phone or other recording device.
- Send the completed poster and recorded file to email@example.com by April 20.
All submitted posters will be showcased on the Office of Patient Experience website and highlighted during Patient Experience Week communications. Last year’s Bright Spot posters are available here for review.
Please share this message with other colleagues who may want to submit their posters and stories!