Bringing it all together on your fourth quarter Valuation
The fourth and final quarter of the fiscal year is a time to both reflect and look ahead.
Of course, it’s important to finalize a few details to complete your FY22 Valuation. But just as importantly, you should take the next couple of months as a chance to start thinking about your future goals.
A yearlong focus
Over the first three quarters of the fiscal year, employees should have drafted SMART goals, had regular quarterly check-ins with their supervisor to discuss progress and modifications toward goals and be well on their way to wrapping up their Valuations.
The focus for Q4, therefore, is to focus on progress you’ve made, receive feedback from your colleagues, customers and supervisors, and begin planning for the next year.
To help understand what to do in Q4, watch this brief overview video and review the steps outlined below.
Remember for FY22, your Valuation is due June 30.
- Review the 1-Year Performance Management Roadmap.
- Check out the five most commonly asked questions and resources available to complete the FY22 Valuation.
- Hold an employee/supervisor check-in focused on reviewing progress toward SMART goals (utilize these end of the year questions as a framework for the conversation). This can be done during a regularly scheduled 1:1.
- Continue to think about 360 Peer / Customer Feedback and send 360s out.
- Revisit and refine individual’s Development Plan, as needed.
- Revisit and refine job specific work goals, as needed.
- Begin to think about job specific goals for next year.
- Complete the Valuation form (both managers and employee), including individual ratings, and submit it to the HR Solution Center. Details on how to complete this step are available on the form and on the HR website.
Don’t forget, the goal of the Performance Management Valuation process is to have continuous conversations between leader and employee to foster growth. Think of it as your best tool to ensure you achieving success and advancing in your career at Michigan Medicine.
Upcoming webinars and additional resources
To help both staff and leaders learn more about the FY22 Valuation and how to successfully complete the year-end process, several information sessions have been scheduled, beginning April 20. Anyone is welcome to register and attend any one of these sessions (April 20, May 25 and June 16).
If you have questions about the FY22 Valuation, please email FY22Valuation@umich.edu.