Top 5 Errors Authors Make When Writing Scientific Papers
Monday, June 13, 2022
8:30am - 10:30am
Join us for this workshop as Tom Annesley, PhD discusses ways to avoid the top errors that authors make when developing scientific papers including:
- The Introduction: Failure to set the scene for the reader
- The Results: Confusing data from results
- Figures and Tables: Difficulty reading and grasping the message
- The Discussion: Making a poor argument for your work
- Responding to Reviewers: Failure to help reviewers see changes
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Better tie together the major sections of a scientific paper.
- Differentiate data from results when writing a scientific paper.
- Improve the visual presentation of data in figures and tables.
This workshop is hosted by the Office of Faculty Development and is intended for faculty. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend this workshop or have questions about accessibility, please contact us at UMMS-Faculty-Development@med.umich.edu.