Spring MiChart system upgrade coming April 24: Training materials now available
Training materials for the spring upgrade to Michigan Medicine’s Electronic Health Record are now available.
To prepare for new functionality and enhancements, training content has been prepared for all MiChart users to review before these changes go into effect. For the spring upgrade, eLearning modules are only being pushed out to the Revenue Cycle Department.
All other content is available for review on MiChart spring upgrade project page. The content is organized by role and contains slides of relevant changes, with links to tip sheets and/or videos where applicable.
A practice environment featuring the changes coming in the spring MiChart upgrade is now available to all MiChart users through Virtual Places (https://vplaces.med.umich.edu). This will provide users a chance to experience the upgrade changes prior to the go live on April 24.
Select the Epic MiChart Practice Upgrade Environment icon to log in. Detailed instructions for accessing the practice environment, including login and patient information, can be found on the following links.
Please note – you must log in to access the MiChart information.
About the upgrade:
· The Financial Assistance module within MiChart goes live.
· Users can consent to have their MCard photo display in MiChart / MyChart.
o For more information on MyChart Bedside visit: michmed.org/bedside
· Users can add About Me info in MiChart / MyChart.
· The Results Review activity has a new look
· When releasing signed and held inpatient orders, offset times are now preserved.
· Outpatient prescription due times are more descriptive.
· A new Limb Volume Calculator for Occupational Therapists and OT Techs.
· The Status Board has a new look with revamped settings.
· The Liability Buckets Activity is updated to be more visually appealing and easier to use.
For more information
Please visit the spring MiChart upgrade project page.