Skype for Business to be retired March 31
Skype for Business (SfB) will be retired March 31. You will be able to continue to do most of the same things you do in SfB today by using Microsoft Teams (chat, meetings, calls/video and screensharing) plus much more.
What you need to do:
- For regular “business” communication, set up a new Chat conversation thread in Microsoft Teams.
- For patient care-focused chats, use MiChart – Hyperspace Secure Chat.
- Kiosk users will use the web version of Teams available from the start menu.
- Recreate any existing SfB meetings using Outlook Calendar and selecting the “New Teams meeting” button; or by clicking on the “Calendar” icon on the left-side toolbar in Teams.
- If you or your colleagues use SfB to schedule or host meetings, or for Persistent Chat (set up specifically to maintain an ongoing record of group conversations over time), please consider these alternatives and re-create your existing SfB meetings/chats in MS Teams before March 31
Access more information on Training for Microsoft 365 including Teams.