Precision Health Investigators Awards Launch Event
Thursday, April 7, 2022
10:00am - 11:30am
Join us for a lively, fast-paced series of presentations (3 minutes each!) by our most recently funded project PIs. Hear what exciting challenges they’re taking on and see how multidisciplinary teams are working together to improve health.
Then, join in the discussion, as we invite all attendees to share ideas about emerging and innovative areas of precision health.
The launching projects include:
- Anouck Girard (COE), Josephine Kasa-Vubu (Med), Michael DiPietro (Med) –– “Using Artificial Intelligence To Broaden and Diversify Outdated Standards for the Determination of Skeletal Maturation in Growing Children”
- Todd Hollon (COE), Honglak Lee (COE), Sandra Camelo-Piragua (Med) — “Rapid Intraoperative Molecular Diagnosis of Diffuse Gliomas Using Stimulated Raman Histology and Deep Neural Networks”
- Hui Jiang (SPH) — “Statistical and Computational Methods for Asymmetric Integration of Datasets from Different Cancers for the Identification of Cancer-related Genes and Biomarkers in Case-control Analyses”
- Michael Mathis (Med) — “Predicting Cardiac Surgery-Associated Acute Kidney Injury using Federated Learning”
- Amy Pasternak (Pharm), Vaibhav Sahai (Med) — “Assessing the Impact of Germline Pharmacogenetics (PGx) on Medication Outcomes and Clinician Prescribing Decisions in Patients with Cancer”
- Scott Peltier (BME), Zhongming Liu (BME) — “Deep Learning for Prediction of Mild Cognitive Impairment and Dementia of the Alzheimer’s Type”
- Xu Shi (SPH) — “Automated Harmonization of Multi-institutional Electronic Health Records Data”
After these presentations, we will open breakout rooms to invite your ideas on the following topics. You’ll have a chance to choose your topic breakout room on the spot.
- Tackling Health Disparities through Precision Health
- New Advances in Health Image Analysis
- Using Genetic Information to Individualize Patient Care
- Reinforcement Learning & Causal Inference in Healthcare
- Learning from Multi-institution EHR data Opportunities to Enhance Data Sharing and Collaboration
- What’s missing from Precision Health resources?
Questions? Contact Tina Creguer, email@example.com.