Plan ahead and expect delays: Road closures around Ann Arbor
March 14, 2022 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of ongoing and upcoming road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today and lasting through Saturday, April 2, South State Street between East Liberty and East Washington is scheduled to be closed in both directions for utility work.
- Northbound South State Street traffic will be detoured west onto East Liberty Street, north on South Division Street, east on East Washington Street back to South State Street.
- Southbound South State Street traffic will be detoured east onto East Washington Street, south on South Thayer Street, west on North University Avenue back to South State Street.
- Local business access will be maintained and pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the east side of South State Street.
- From now through Friday, April 1, the following areas are expected to be impacted in relation to the city’s technology infrastructure improvement project:
- North side of East William Street between Thompson and Fourth streets: Bike lane and sidewalk closures needed
- South side of William Street between Division and Ashley streets: Sidewalk and flagging between Fourth and Ashley
- West side of Thayer Street from Washington Street south to North University: Sidewalk closure and limited parking closure
- South side of Huron Street from First Street to Main Street: Right lane closure and sidewalk closure
- West side of Main Street from Packard Street to Madison Street: Bike lane and parking lane closure
- East side of State Street from Huron to Washington streets: Metered parking and sidewalk closure
- West side of Fifth Avenue from Huron south to Liberty Street: Metered parking and sidewalk closure
- West side of Division Street from Huron Street south to south side of William Street: Metered parking and sidewalk closures