Caregivers Boost Initiative seeks applicants to join inaugural cohort
The Michigan Medicine Wellness Office and Office of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development invite faculty who are dependent caregivers (e.g., child or elder care) to apply for the inaugural cohort of the Caregivers Boost Initiative.
This six-month program is designed to support faculty who are integrating caregiving and professional responsibilities with boost teams, peer support and group coaching.
Topics that may be addressed include:
- What does it mean to be a “good caregiver” in 2022?
- Navigating leave
- Caregiving tips and hacks
- Integration of career goals
- Prioritization and career goals
- Negotiation and mentorship
Faculty who are caregivers (or are anticipating caregiving status soon) are eligible. Up to 10 faculty will be selected for the first cohort. To apply, answer the following three questions in the form of a short essay (no more than 300 words per question):
- What are your biggest needs as a faculty caregiver?
- How do you anticipate that the Caregivers Boost Initiative could add to your development?
- Who (or what type of people) would you like to have on your own Caregivers Boost team?