TheRide updates its reduced service schedules due to workforce availability
The Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide) has announced that effective Jan. 30, TheRide will be temporarily reducing service on select routes until further notice. The service reductions are in addition to reductions made previously due to workforce availability.
The reduced service will include reduced frequency on select routes and the continued suspension of service on Route 68. A-Ride and FlexRide service will continue to operate without any reductions. The reduced service schedules also affect the Winter 2022 service updates previously announced.
“We understand that our community relies on TheRide to get them where they need to go, and we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause,” Matt Carpenter, CEO of TheRide said. “We thoroughly reviewed our whole system and selected only routes with high-frequency to reduce, so that the impact was as minimal as possible. As soon as we are able, we will return to full service.”
The reduced service schedules go into effect Jan. 30 until further notice and include the following routes:
- Route 4: Washtenaw
- Route 23: Plymouth
- Route 24: Eisenhower-Golfside
- Route 26: Scio Church
- Route 29: Liberty
- Route 34: Maple-Dexter
- Route 61: UM-Miller
- Route 62: UM-State
- Route 63: UM-Pontiac
- Route 64: Geddes-E. Stadium
- Route 65: UM Downtown-Green
- Route 68: Harris-Ford Temporarily Suspended (Continued)
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, TheRide continues to enforce the established preventive measures to keep both riders and drivers safe:
- Customers are required to wear a face covering, per federal law.
- The driver is to be approached for emergencies only.
- Buses are cleaned with CDC-recommended protocols.
- Plastic barriers are added to separate drivers and riders on fixed-route buses.
- Sanitation supplies are provided to employees.
- Masks, gloves and face shields are provided for drivers’ use.
- Lost and Found collection has been temporarily suspended.
The latest information on TheRide’s routes, schedules and detours is available at 734-996-0400 and on TheRide.org.