No-cost COVID-19 tests available to health plan members
U-M health plan members are now eligible to receive up to eight FDA-approved, at-home COVID-19 tests each month. There is no out-of-pocket cost to the member or eligible dependents as long as the tests are purchased in person at network pharmacies.
This measure is part of a federal mandate to fight the surge in COVID-19 infections nationwide.
How to get your tests
To ensure you have no cost or reimbursement forms to submit when buying tests, you should:
- Choose a network pharmacy.
- Present your Prescription Drug Plan card at the time of purchase.
If you purchase tests at non-network pharmacies or retail stores (such as Amazon), you must submit a claim form and original receipt for reimbursement, which will be capped at $12 per test. View the form and News and Updates for details.
Please note that online purchases will be processed as if the tests are being purchased at a non-network pharmacy, even if the pharmacy is in the network.
FDA-approved tests include:
- BD Veritor System SARS-Cov-2
- BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Self Test
- CareStart COVID-19 Ag Home Test
- Ellume COVID-19 Home Test
- FlowFlex COVID-19 Ag Home Test
- ihealth COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test
- InteliSwab COVID-19 Rapid Test
- QuickVue At-Home COVID-19 Test
- Sofia SARS Antigen Fia Test
Mail order kits available
The federal government announced a mail order website for consumers that is now operational. Users are able to order COVID-19 test kits under the federal mandate and have them delivered to their homes.
Free community testing available
Free, immediate testing is available at numerous state and community locations, including the U-M COVID-19 Sampling & Tracking Program. Or search the state of Michigan’s resources to find a local site.