Change It Up!
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
10:00am - 11:30am
Register here: https://hr.umich.edu/working-u-m/professional-development/courses/change-it
Change it Up! brings bystander intervention skills to the University of Michigan community for the purpose of building inclusive, respectful and safe communities. It is based on a nationally recognized four-stage bystander intervention model that helps individuals intervene in situations that negatively impact individuals, organizations and the campus community.
You will learn to:
- Identify self-awareness and social responsibility as qualities of strong personal leadership
- Discuss your own and others’ identities and experiences
- Determine the various options for effectively intervening during a negative situation
- Develop your ability to assess which intervention option is based on the situation
- Discuss and practice how to leverage bystander intervention skills within their campus communities
You will benefit by:
- Receiving high impact learning through educational theater
- Increasing your motivation to intervene in harmful situations
- Gaining ability to assess the effectiveness of multiple options for intervention
- Expanding your skills and confidence to successfully intervene in harmful situations