Time to check-in on your FY22 Valuation
It’s already December, and almost the end of the second quarter of FY22. Time flies! Now is a good time to check in on how leaders and staff are progressing with their FY22 Valuation. This quarter focuses on reviewing individual goals and development plans, as well as preparing for mid-year reviews in early 2022.
Year-round collaboration between leaders and their direct reports, with a focus on positive development, demonstrates the value (hence “Valuation”) that our employees bring to Michigan Medicine.
Also, connecting throughout the year in quarterly check-ins helps both leader and employee feel less burdened, places dedicated time to focus on development, and allows for adjustments to be made to goals as environments continue to change. It also can provide a more robust representation of their work at the end of the process.
If you haven’t started work on your SMART goals yet, it’s ok. Take time now to develop your goals for the year and get started. Resources are available on the Performance Management web page to help guide you through goal development and the entire Valuation process. A great starting point is to review the FY22 Valuation Overview.
For those who have established SMART goals, view this short Q2 overview video for more detail on the steps outlined below for this quarter:
- Review the 1-Year Performance Management Roadmap
- Hold a leader and employee check-in (Check-In Conversations Questions), preferably during an already scheduled 1:1.
- Revisit and refine Job Specific Work Goals. If you haven’t started yet don’t worry, but it would be good to get moving on creating SMART goals. Additional resources: SMART Goals Template
- Revisit and refine Development Plan as needed
- Prepare for Mid-Year Review
Remember, the goal of the Performance Management Valuation process is to have continuous conversations between leader and employee to foster growth.
If you have questions about the FY22 Valuation, please email, FY22Valuation@umich.edu.