Patient Experience 101
Friday, February 11, 2022
2:00pm - 3:30pm
Patient Experience (PX) 101 is a comprehensive, engaging learning opportunity to build patient experience knowledge and skill for all faculty, staff, and learners at Michigan Medicine.
PX 101 is a foundational, engaging educational offering to support and enhance our culture of patient experience excellence. This resource was originally developed by The Beryl Institute and customized by Michigan Medicine, designed to ensure that all faculty, staff, and learners have a fundamental understanding of patient experience, and the skillset to positively impact the patient and family experience.
This interactive, instructor-led training is 90 minutes long and will be held twice monthly via Zoom. The target audience is all faculty, staff, and learners at Michigan Medicine
After completing this training, the learner will be able to understand the definition of patient experience, how their role impacts patient experience, empathy, and actions they can take to address what matters most to patients and families. They will understand patient experience measurement, describe critical components of service recovery, and discuss how their purpose, values, and strengths impact their contributions to patient experience.
- Demonstrate how you, in your role, can provide a positive experience for patients and families
- Explain how patient experience impacts both the patient and the health system
- Employ behaviors, both verbal and nonverbal, that show we care about patients as unique individuals
- Perform empathetic behaviors consistently and completely to influence positive patient experience scores
- Utilize the four key components of service recovery to manage service failures without taking or assigning blame
- Specify how your individual purpose, values, and strengths align with your contributions to the experience of patients and families
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Patient Experience 101 has been approved for the following continuing education credits:
- University of Michigan Health Professional Development & Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) 1.5 nursing contact hours will be provided.
- Michigan Medicine Department of Social Work is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative, Provider #MICEC 0056. This program has been approved for a maximum of 1.5 continuing education clock hours.